Wednesday 13 January 2010

can i use my canon rebel t1i as a webcam?

I have a webcam built in my laptop but its really bad quality and it lags, goes pixely, and records sound poorly ect. Is there anyways I can hook up my slr to the computer and use it as a webcam for skype/aim?

Can this camera be used as a webcam?

The answer to this VERY common question is nearly always "No".

Read your manual - if it was possible, you can be sure your manual would tell you how to do it.

Even if you COULD find the necessary drivers, software etc, why would you even WANT to use your still camera (think of all the wear and tear on camera and batteries), when a $20 web cam does a perfectly wonderful job of it and can remain all hooked up and ready to use?


If you did a quick search here on YA, you would find MANY answers to this. [URL Truncated]

Answer by selina_555 on 29 Dec 2009 03:21:37
Best Answer

Yeah, You can! I argue this point all the time. Your camera has a video function, and live view, that and a program like Webcam Max will allow you to do it.

But I do agree with Selina_5, it's more hassle than it's worth, when for $90 you can get something like a Logitech Pro 9000, (I've seen them as cheap as $70) that's built specifically for web broadcasting.

I might add that lagging, is usually not your web-cams fault, but normally a server thing.

Answer by c_j_ryan on 29 Dec 2009 06:01:30

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment