Friday 15 January 2010

I need a development kit for a Canon PowerShot Sx20 IS?

I got a Canon PowerShot SX20 IS for Christmas and I am looking for a development kit for it so I can shoot in RAW format. If anyone can give me a website that has a download for this specific model, I will greatly appreciate it.

THANK YOU!

I'm sorry but what is a development kit??? Sounds like you're shooting film and want process it.

If you're looking for software Canon USA may have some but I don't know the cost.

No software, by the way, accept for perhaps the upload stuff, which never really seems to work,
is model specific. Editing software will handle all jpg format shots and some others as well.

Answer by Jim A on 09 Jan 2010 12:05:45
Best Answer

You're looking for CHDK (Canon Hack Development Kit). So, do the research...
But, I don't think there is a hack available for the SX20 IS as yet...there is for the SX10 IS, but not the SX20 IS.


Jim A..."The Free Software Canon Hack Development Kit (CHDK) project, started by Andrey Gratchev, has successfully enhanced many Canon PowerShot cameras without replacing the stock firmware.It allows vast programmatic control of many Canon compact cameras, enabling users to add features, including games and scripts written in UBASIC or Lua. Features include shooting in RAW, USB-cable remote shutter-release, motion-detection triggered photography, customizable high-speed continuous (burst) Tv, Av, ISO, and Focus bracketing (increasing depth of field), 1 Gig video-size limit removed in earlier cameras, Shutter, Aperture, and ISO overrides (shutter speeds of 64" to 1/10,000" and higher)."

Answer by Petra_au on 09 Jan 2010 06:45:27

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment