Wednesday 13 January 2010

I'm camera shopping. Any advice?

I have a 8.3mp Fujifilm camera with 3x zoom. It's a good camera, but it's about an inch thick (I can't fit it in my pocket) and I can't find any underwater housing for it. I would like to get a new, more portable camera with more zoom and higher resolution, but i'm not sure if I need one. I was going to buy an underwater camera originally, but during the summer I spend a LOT of time at the beach, in pools, etc. and I've read reviews about the cameras leaking after a lot of time in the water. So, I'm wondering if a new camera is worth the investment, and if you know of any really reliable underwater cameras, or camera housings that are cheap. Thanks!!!

Awesome!Olympus Stylus Tough-8000... Took it to the pool, six flags, etc. and the camera is still in one piece. I remember my old digital cameras who would be ruined just by a whale splash at Seaworld. Great pics at 12 megapixels. A++++ Kids resistant father's approved.
I forgot to close the charging port and the camera flooded and shorted when I jumped into the pool. I saw how it shorted and shutted off. I was sad since my previus Canon got fried just by a splash of keiko at seaworld. Well nevertheless, I let the camera drying for two days, with the ports (latches) open, in the heat (sitting in front of the dash on my windshield, the camera was burning but finally all of the fog was gone) I instered the battery and memory card and voila! The camera is working as new again, unbeliebable. The pictures may not be as good as my Canon but oh man this camera is awesome!!!!!

Olympus Stylus Tough-8000
12-megapixel resolution for photo-quality, poster-size prints
Waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, crushproof and shakeproof
3.6x wide-angle optical dual image stabilized zoom
2.7-inch Advanced HyperCrystal III LCD screen
Compatible with xD Picture Cards and microSD memory cards
[URL Truncated]

Answer by love me on 06 Jan 2010 07:54:38
Best Answer

I am camera shopping too, and I would recommend you to go to this site, I've found some things that I like!
[URL Truncated]

you should find lots of beautiful-quality cameras, but I haven't checked out much of their average price ratings yet. Check them out yourself?

Answer by ~?àç?u?iéhÜ on 06 Jan 2010 08:40:13

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment