Friday 15 January 2010

Which camera should I get?

5.[URL Truncated]
6.[URL Truncated]
7.[URL Truncated]
8.[URL Truncated]
I know nothing about cameras but I want a good one so if someone could tell me which one is best and why I'd be grateful.
1.[URL Truncated]
2.[URL Truncated]
3.[URL Truncated]
4.[URL Truncated]
5.[URL Truncated]

Best Answer

I think basically one brand from the next is equally easy or tough to use. There is a learning curve to cameras. Also, DSLR cameras have modes you can set them to so that you can just point the camera and shoot.

There are a number of good brands so don't be sold on the idea one brand is better than another. I would keep your costs down. I would get a DSLR with a short zoom (like a 18-55mm) to start. No reason to spend more than $425 to $550. Either a 10MP or 12MP (MP means mega pixel) will do just fine.

Below, I listed some links where you can look up reviews and see what camera works best for you. The first link listed below is to a web page that lists the 4 DSLR cameras I am recommending. This list will let you compare features and specs, also it has link to reviews to 3 of the 4 cameras, the reviews includes sample images from the cameras.

Here are some models that I think are well worth researching:
(I included the US price I have seen and what that equals in British Pounds £)
Sony Alpha A230 Digital SLR 10 MP with 18-55mm Lens - $429 (£266)
Nikon D3000 10MP DSLR Digital Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens - $449 (£280)
EOS Rebel XS 10MP DSLR Digital Camera Kit (Black) with 18-55mm IS Lens - $449 (£280)
Pentax K-x 12MP DSLR with 18-55mm Zoom (has HD Video also) - $550 (£280)

Hope this helps. Pick a price range, some features you know you want, and even consider which camera feels good in your hand as a factor. Ask if yourself what you need of the camera, like good high ISO ability which is important in low light, do you want the camera to be capable of doing video, and other features to consider.

I am finding the Pentax K-x intriguing with its very high quality ability when shooting in high ISO and that it has the HD video feature. In fact, I am a Nikon user who is thinking about get a Pentax K-x as an extra camera.

Plenty of great cameras, get one you like and start learning the principles of photography and you will be on your way to making some great images. If you have any questions and if you think I can be of help then please do contact me.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Mark

marksablow.com

Answer by Mark on 02 Jan 2010 02:11:46

I would recommend you to go with Nikon D5000 its a good entry- level DSLR camera. I have used it so i recommend it.

Answer by kitty on 02 Jan 2010 03:33:52

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment