Wednesday 13 January 2010

My digital camera is broken ?

Basically. I turned my Digital Camera on took a picture didnt like it and deleted it and turned it off. I then turned it on 4 hours later, and its came up with 'MEMORY ERROR', it wont let me press anything. I tried formatting it on the computer but it wont connect.So i really dont know what to do! it is a Hitachi ! HELP! I will award best answers.

You should only use the camera to format the card, not your computer. All I do when I connect my cameras to my computer is _copy_ the photos across. If I want to delete any then I do it with the camera.

At least one of my cameras has a small reset button tucked away. Perhaps you have one too.

Answer by Phillip B on 10 Jan 2010 07:29:30
Best Answer

It doesn't sound to me as if the camera is broken just the memory card. Replace it. And while you're at it add another 2 or 3 cards to your gadget bag. These things don't last for ever and can become corrupted easily.

After a shoot always copy / paste your photos to your hard drive. Never, and I do mean never, format the card with the computer - only in the camera. Never delete photos from the card with your computer - only in the camera.

These steps will help keep your card(s) "healthy" and working properly for their expected life.

Answer by Jim A on 10 Jan 2010 09:10:03

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment