Wednesday 13 January 2010

how do i put pics on my camera from my computer?

it's kodak. also, my memory card doesn't work in other cameras or any computer, i have to plug my camera in to work. what's the deal?

You don't seem to understand memory cards very well.

First, when a card is formatted to a particular camera it won't work in any other camera until it's
formatted to that camera... it won't display, it won't do anything.

Second, you don't want to load photos back to your camera because you're trying to use it as a storage device - not recommended. These cards can easily fail when used as a storage device.

To get your card to work better with your computer get a card reader.

Answer by Jim A on 06 Jan 2010 02:39:52
Best Answer

Not to down shoot Jim A, as he is right. However, your sd card should work on any computer with a correct card reader. Getting pics off your computer and on to the card so the camera can view them is some what complicated. In the first place the camera generally sets up the TOC in a special manner and may even put the pics in a sub folder. My Pentax puts them in the 3rd folder down, for example. So you need to open the card to the correct location to down load to it. Secondly, you may have to rename each pic to match the way your camera names them. Last but not least, if they weren't taken with that camera, you may even have to re-size them to the correct aspect ratio. I do this quite often when I want to take a photo from my Pentax and down load it to my cell phone to make it portable.

Answer by Dusty on 06 Jan 2010 04:12:33

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment