Friday 15 January 2010

How do I get video from my Canon Powershot SD780 IS on to my computer?

Okay I just got a Canon PowerShot SD780 IS for Christmas and I want to start posting YouTube videos but I can't figure out how. When I plug the camera in to the computer only my pictures come up.

Best Answer

I've owned Canon cameras for years and have never, ever had that problem. When you connect your camera to your computer with the USB cable, ALL the files are transferred, whether they are video files or images.

So, you need to make sure you are looking in the right place. Your videos should have a .mov or .MOV file extension.

Also, you need to make sure you are using the correct viewer. Your video (.MOV) files will not play in Windows Media Player and you cannot edit them in Windows Movie Maker.

You will need to view them in a compatible viewer, such as Apple's Quicktime. If you don't have it, you can download the latest (free) version from the link below. You'll find Quicktime 7 in the centre of the page...
[URL Truncated]

p.s. before transferring large video files, make sure the camera battery is adequately charged before connecting it to the computer via the USB cable.

Using a USB 2.0 card reader is another option...it's usually a faster method of transferral and it doesn't rely on your camera at all...so you don't have to worry about draining the battery.

Answer by Petra_au on 07 Jan 2010 09:34:26

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment